Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa0129
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Audio stopped working a few days ago. I tried the usual (uninstalling drivers and devices and restart, checking for updates), but nothing worked. Everything seemed normal according to HP Assistant following an audio scan. Windows 10 troubleshooting kept telling me though that Audio services didnt work (but couldnt repair them). I checked in the services: Windows audio and Windows audio endpoint builder seemed to work OK.

Anyway, while trying some more solutions, i managed to get my internal speakers (the ones built in the monitor) uninstalled and now i dont know how to install them back. I dont know if it will solve the first problem, but I guess it'll be a start =).

Any clue for these 2 problems?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Joel37 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the speakers are not working.

For advanced support, follow the below steps: 

Step 1: Restart the computer  

Step 2: Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows 

Step 3: Test external speakers or headphones 

Step 4: Set the default audio device 

Step 5: Restoring or updating the audio driver 

Step 6: Perform a hard reset 

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check

Please uninstall the audio drivers and update the chipset and then restart the computer and install the audio drivers.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just switched back Windows audio endpoint builder to Local System (as it originally was) instead of Local Service and the PC now recognize the internal speakers.

Did another sound troubleshooting from windows 10 and it still says that Audio services dont work. HP Assistant doesnt detect any error though.

HP Recommended

@Joel37 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the speakers are not working.

For advanced support, follow the below steps: 

Step 1: Restart the computer  

Step 2: Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows 

Step 3: Test external speakers or headphones 

Step 4: Set the default audio device 

Step 5: Restoring or updating the audio driver 

Step 6: Perform a hard reset 

Hard Reset:

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Unplug all the Adapter and peripherals connected.  

3) Remove the Battery. ( not for Built-in Battery computer ) 

4) Press and hold down the power button for 15 to 20 seconds.  

5) Plug-in the Adapter and put the Battery back into the computer if it's a (removable battery)

6) Try to turn on the computer and check

Please uninstall the audio drivers and update the chipset and then restart the computer and install the audio drivers.

Please click the below link to download the drivers.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.