Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 8300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm going nuts.

I have a HP Elite 8300 CMT and I'm trying to get the front audio combo jack work (for a headset) with no luck. I had audio (happened once that I could make it work) but no mic. Definitely cannot make both work together.

I've tried to reinstall the audio driver 10 times, updated the BIOS, read 20 threads, still no idea how to make that work.

Many threads urged to install and use the Realtek HD Audio Manager but it won't come alive... it's there on my computer but can't make it show up so I can't even try that trick with that software (ticking the box) because it won't show up.

Some details that may help...

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-BIGORQI
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Compaq Elite 8300 CMT
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU QV993AV
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard K01 v03.08, 4/10/2019
SMBIOS Version 2.7
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
BaseBoard Product 3396
BaseBoard Version Not Available
Platform Role Desktop

Driver version:6.0.1.8328 Realtek High Definition audio

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@fugi00 -- open the "Sound" app on Windows. There should be an "output" section and an "input" section.

Does the "input" section have a "pull-down" to select which input-device is to be the "active" device?

HP Recommended

i don't have input device in this section.

as I wrote, I either have headset or a microphone. It is not possible to get both at once. If the microphone is detected, it does not have a headset, there is only a built-in computer speaker. Can anyone from HP confirm if such a configuration is possible at all (headphones with microphone)

HP Recommended

@fugi00 -- according to: How to work with a "combo" audio jack - YouTube

it is possible.

HP Recommended

i have 4pin headphone so i don't need adapters.

Headphone work as well in phone or other device with combo jack port

HP Recommended

@fugi00 --  i have 4pin headphone so i don't need adapters. Headphone work as well in phone or other device with combo jack port.

That sounds like you have found a solution. If not, then please elaborate on the issue that you have.

HP Recommended

of course not.

I have the right headphones but they do not work with hp8300 as described above. I don't know what you didn't understand

HP Recommended

@fugi00 --  I don't know what you didn't understand.

Yes, I do not know the technical details of your issue, and the symptoms.

When you connect a microphone, does it work?  Which microphone (manufacturer? model-number?

When you connect a headset, does it work? Which manufacturer? model-number?

What "combo" device do you have? Manufacturer? model-number? When it is connected, do you get only sound or only microphone?

I searched YouTube, and found that video that I cited. But, that's not the only video that I found. So, please do your own search, in the hope that you can find a "better" video.

HP Recommended

back to the first post, please.

HP Recommended

@fugi00 --  I'm going nuts. I have a HP Elite 8300 CMT and I'm trying to get the front audio combo jack work (for a headset) with no luck. 

What is the manufacturer and model-number of your headset?

Does it work when connected to some other computer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.