Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G5 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a customer's HP EliteDesk 800 G4 that continues to pop up "Smart Audio -  Failed to Create Conexant Audio Factory, the SmartAudio will now exit". How tro I resolve this?  When I look at the Bang & Olufson icon icon in system tray this is launched.

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TxStephen,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If you are encountering a "Failed to Create Conexant Audio Factory" error on your HP EliteDesk 800 G4, there are several steps you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart your computer: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve the issue.
  • Update the audio driver: Go to the HP website and download the latest audio driver for your EliteDesk 800 G4. Install the driver and restart your computer.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the audio driver: Go to Device Manager, expand the Sound, video, and game controllers section, right-click on the Conexant audio driver and select "Uninstall device". After uninstalling the driver, restart your computer and Windows will automatically install the driver again.
  • Check for Windows updates: Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and check for any available updates. Install the updates and restart your computer.
  • Check the audio service: Press Windows key + R, type "services. msc" and press Enter. Locate the Windows Audio service, right-click on it, and select "Restart".
  • Perform a system restore: If the issue started after installing new software or driver, you can perform a system restore to revert your system to a previous state when the audio was working correctly. 

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.