TechforHire717
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy 700-214 Desktop - beat audio issue after wnidows 10 1803 update

HP Recommended
envy 700-214
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The windows 10 1803 update ran yesterday on this pc.  Now, there's no audio (or aleast it's very very low).  I've tried installing an older driver but it won't install because a newer one is on the pc.  I can't roll back the driver either anymore after the update.    

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,070 119,248 19,470 29,754
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC, gets the sound to work again...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

0 Kudos
TechforHire717
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have already tried these drivers.  I have removed the audio devices and installed these and I've also tried just running the install while the device was installed.  Both come back up using the same 4/11/2018 driver after restart.  There doesn't seem to be a way to force it to use a previous version of the driver.  I've even tried manually selecting it but it says I already have the latest version and won' t install.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,070 119,248 19,470 29,754
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry that driver didn't work.

I didn't realize you model series had W10 drivers.

I had the same issue with my HP 350 G1 notebook with the IDT audio.

Until the lastest 1803 update came along, I was always able to reinstall the W8.1 driver to get the audio to work perfectly again.  There is no W10 driver for my notebook.

This time, the driver didn't get wiped out as with previous build updates, but there was no sound.

Under the sound, video and game controllers device manager category, is your audio device labeled HD audio, or IDT HD audio codec?

Mine was labeled HD audio after I uninstalled the W8.1 driver.  The sound was lower and I tried to force install the W8.1 driver.

It would not install, but instead a driver from Windows update installed, and changed the HD audio device to IDT HD audio device, and the sound worked a little better.

So, you have already tried force-installing the driver from sp71717?

This is how I tried to get it to work, and where Windows update changed the device description...

I clicked on the HD audio device, clicked on the driver tab, clicked on update driver, selected the browse my computer for driver software option, and at the bottom of that window, I selected the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Clicked on Have Disk and in your case, browse to C:\SWSetup\sp71717>WDM>STWRT64 (setup information file) and then tried to install the audio driver.

That is where the driver installation failed but Windows installed the IDT HD codec audio driver from April of 2018.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation