Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Best Buy HP - ENVY 27" Touch-Screen All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an HP Envy  with a single combo headset jack that I am attempting to connect my Beexcellent GM-1 gaming headet to. When I set it up, I can hear sound but I cannot get my computer to recognize the microphone. I have updated my Realtek audio driver and checked my mic privacy permissions but it still doesn't work. When I look in my sound settings, it shows the mic is muted and I cannot unmute it. Any suggestions? Would a usb-audio dongle work?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there

I have the same problem and still waiting for support to resolve the issue.

The problem is the pop up webcam on the top of the screen, if it is opened ie popped up, the external microphone will work, when it is popped down it disables all the microphones, built in and external.

Hope this is of help until we get an response from support.

Regards

Andy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.