karthickkrish
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

HP Envy realtek/O&B speakers stopped working after reinstalling windows 10

HP Recommended
HP Envy 34-a027c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My copunter was affected by virus hence I had to format all the drives (inclusing recovery) and reinstall windows home 64 bit. Everything looks good so far, I used HP Assitant to update all the drivers.

RealTek is the only one really creating trouble. Its installing driver sucessfully but no sound. I have got the driver from HP website, tried the generic one from realtek website.. uninstalled device/reinstalled through device manager. No use.

Its bit annoying that a 2000$+ machine with a beautiful speaker is not having a proper driver and I see other thread in forum with similar compalints without resolution.  If I cant find a way I will return this to Costco since they are very good at owning the issue and helping customers.

3 REPLIES 3
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,525 21,512 1,302 1,324
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @karthickkrish

I understand that you have reformatted the Computer and now there is no audio.

I'd like to help

I see that you have already updated the drivers from HPSA, HP Website and even using the Device Manager and the issue persists.

May I know how did you reformat your computer? Did you use the HP Recovery Media or your own Windows OS Media?

If you haven't used the Recovery Media, I would request you to contact our Phone Support to order one

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Meantime please click Here and download the 64bits Vista, Windows7, Windows8, Windows8.1, Windows10 Driver only (Executable file) ( The 2nd driver in the list )

Also download the BIOS from Here and ensure that you have completed all the Windows Update

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Keep me posted how it goes.

Thank you 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
karthickkrish
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply @KrazyToad

Actually teh recovery partitions was also corrupted due to this **bleep** virus. I had windows defender but this thing got through. Hence I was forced to drop all paritions and recreate fresh partitions and install from windows media.

I downloaded 2nd driver in the list before posting and even that did not work. I went to HP diagnostics (F2) and tried testing the sound and even that does not work.

On top of this, I also have different issue, UEFI boot is not working and I can only do legacy boot now. 

0 Kudos
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 467
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @karthickkrish,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service.

I went through the case description and I see that you've already performed most of the troubleshooting steps. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

As KrazyToad said earlier, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options".

Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation