Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-624
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just bought a new HP Envy desktop. With windows 10.  There is no sound at all. Tried the usual stuff updating drivers etc. If I plug in speakers in the headphone jack the sound works fine. Can someone help? thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

What happens when you plug the speakers in the audio out jack in the back (#6)?

You are aware that there is no internal speaker system, correct?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792870

Audio jack presence detection
  note:
An internal speaker is not included with integrated audio.

External speakers or headphones are required to hear sound.

The configuration might vary depending on your model (for example, if a dedicated graphics card is included). Any modifications or upgrades might change the configuration, port accessibility, and port functionality.
Bara back I/O panel
  1. USB 2.0: 2
  2. LAN (Ethernet)
  3. HDMI out: 2
  4. USB 3.0: 2
  5. Audio: Line in
  6. Audio: Line out
  7. Microphone

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

What happens when you plug the speakers in the audio out jack in the back (#6)?

You are aware that there is no internal speaker system, correct?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05792870

Audio jack presence detection
  note:
An internal speaker is not included with integrated audio.

External speakers or headphones are required to hear sound.

The configuration might vary depending on your model (for example, if a dedicated graphics card is included). Any modifications or upgrades might change the configuration, port accessibility, and port functionality.
Bara back I/O panel
  1. USB 2.0: 2
  2. LAN (Ethernet)
  3. HDMI out: 2
  4. USB 3.0: 2
  5. Audio: Line in
  6. Audio: Line out
  7. Microphone
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. No, I did not know this model did not include an internal speaker. Of all the desktops, tablets, laptops I've owned all had internal speakers. I wpould not have bought this model had I known. I wished the salesperson at Best Buy would have told me. I quess I will be going out and buying them, looks like I will need to buy a microphone to. Jeez.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

While all of my HP desktops had a built in speaker, they were all business-class desktop PC's.

Hardly any consumer class desktop PC's come with an internal speaker.

I have had Dell Dimensions, HP Pavilions...none had an internal speaker.

HP Recommended

The last HP desktop I bought was not a "business class" PC, and it had an internal speaker. It was pretty old though. It was still running Vista 😂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.