Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Let me give a bit of history  first .. my windows 10 -when awoken-  will come to life..,  but the monitor is still asleep..

after countlesss days of trying to figure out the various  power & sleep^within settings -  & within windiows 10 and I was certain it was the PC Operating System  .. -- so I reintalled windows 10 and still has the same issue !! .

.I then figured the MB was to blame so I bought refurbished NEW PC from Amazon., and after sertting up the most recent updates etc  and the issue is till the same! .. The moniitor wont wake up with a touch of the keyboard   ( the pc will but not monitor) .. Only to turn on monitor from sleep is to turn of the powerswitch and then turn it back on agian to start up the display moniotr .,, I have installed the drivers from the CD for the 2011x HP monitor-----     same issue .. How to fix !

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ttodd0450

Welcome to HP Support Community

Since the issue persists even with a different PC, I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options or possible monitor exchange

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for reply ...  I m afraid the warranty is out .. by this time .    this isnot an update support ?

HP Recommended

@ttodd0450

This seems to be an issue with the Monitor since you have already tried a different computer. You can confirm it by checking with a different Monitor and if needed then you can go ahead and purchase a different one

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.