Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I've been having issues over the last couple of months with audio going out of sync when watching videos on Youtube or when watching movies with various software. It can ussually only be stopped by opening a new video on another website when I notice it out of sync.

I've tried updating my graphics drivers and installing audio drivers from the HP assistant but it hasn't changed anything. I've also tried reinstalling the OS. 

Note, this issue only started occuring after a OS reinstall. 

Can anyone assist with this? 

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @rohanc95,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I see from the post that you are having issues with the video and audio going out of sync after the recent reinstall of Windows. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Does this happen only when playing online videos?

Have you tried with a different browser?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the notebook.

If this is happening only while playing online videos, I would suggest you try to update the flash player as well as try with a different browser.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios and Chipset drivers from our HP Support website, using this website.

disabling the hardware acceleration:

Hardware acceleration cannot be increased or decreased. It can only be enabled or disabled. It also depends on the graphics card. Some graphics cards do not support hardware acceleration.

Please refer to these steps to check if the graphics card supports hardware acceleration or not and to enable it:

a.     On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

b.     In Large Icons View, click on Display and click on Change Display Settings, in the left pane.

c.      Click on Advanced Settings.

In the Advanced Settings window, if Troubleshooting tab is present, then the graphics card supports hardware acceleration.

d.     Click on the Troubleshooting tab and move the Hardware Acceleration slider to Full.

e.      Click on OK and restart the computer to save the settings.

Here's a Microsoft article that speaks about hardware acceleration on windows 10, for more details: Click here

Let me know if this works.

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeet_singh,

Thanks for your help. I have tried updating/installing the bios, chipset and flash player however no luck. The issue is still persisting. 

Also, the graphics card does not support harware acceleration through the Windows control panel however I can control it in the Nvidia control panel. It's currently set to 'Let the 3d application decide' and I can change it below that with the slider.  Should it be set it to performance or quality? This is quite a powerful laptop and I wouldn't have thought it would need to be set to performance to play a video.

HP Recommended

@rohanc95

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I've reviewed your conversation and this normally has two solutions, one includes reinstallation of OS (back to factory defaults using the OEM) as suggested by most tech bloggers and experts in our forum,

And the second, disabling the hardware acceleration and checking with an alternate/powerful software accelerated player such as VLC media player Only if the issue is limited to Audio sync issues with offline content (Personally, it works for me and its free).

Please download and install the VLC media player and it should work,

(The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that i may help you resolve this issue by going beyond by support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions)

If it doesn't, I also recommend checking an alternate video as certain recordings could be faulty as well.

That said, to answer your last question, you may set the slider to performance and try again, if the issue persists, the only option left is to perform a recovery and this is how: Click here for details.

Let me know how that works out, keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.