Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L GT13-0280z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am soooo confused and HP Tech Support just seems clueless!

I have an older model set of Logitech Speakers X-230s 2.1. I plug them in with to the back of my HP Omen 30L GT13-0280z audio port (1/2" plug"). The sound seems so muffled and win 10 doesn't seem to have an equalizer built in anymore.

Am I doing something wrong here? Here is my device manager re: my audio setup.

MarkS49675_0-1612578725955.png

My speakers are using the Realtek audio drive (I think).

These speakers came off of an older (circa 2011) HP Pavillion which had a Sound Blaster x-fi extreme audio card. They sounded great!

Honestly, this new Omen is supposed to have 5.1 surround sound. I have it configured as two speaker stereo. Shouldn't this new PC sound as good as one that is 10 years old?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
from what I found, they are 2.1 speakers, nothing special!
Whether it's an audio card, 5.1 or not, that shouldn't change anything, since you only have one audio input to plug in, right?
Unfortunately, there is nothing on the support page for this model.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000a/33802663/model/34385029/troubles...
If the audio connector is plugged into the rear audio output of the computer, try updating the driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000a/33802663/m...

You can search for the audio panel, there is often one, just check in the control panel

User Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. So you're saying you don't think I'm doing anything wrong here? It's just that my speakers are crappy? 😉

HP Recommended

no
but if you don't tell me more ...
Did you install the driver, find the audio panel?
where are the speakers connected.
In your image, we can just see that the sound is directed to a screen using HDMI, is this the case, are they going through the screen?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended
  • I confirmed that I am using the current RealTek Hi Def Audio Driver.
  • I am unclear on how you define "Audio Panel".  Would you kindly help me to understand what you mean here?
  • The speakers are connected via a 1/8" plug into the port on the motherboard.
  • No, while the NVidia card has an HDMI port, it is unused. Also, I have the native monitor speakers disabled since I am using the x230's.
HP Recommended

for the control it is indicated in the given manual if there is
Sometimes you have to use the app available here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_133356...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.