cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
MarkS49675
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

HP Omen 30L GT13-0280z Audio?

HP Recommended
HP Omen 30L GT13-0280z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am soooo confused and HP Tech Support just seems clueless!

I have an older model set of Logitech Speakers X-230s 2.1. I plug them in with to the back of my HP Omen 30L GT13-0280z audio port (1/2" plug"). The sound seems so muffled and win 10 doesn't seem to have an equalizer built in anymore.

Am I doing something wrong here? Here is my device manager re: my audio setup.

MarkS49675_0-1612578725955.png

My speakers are using the Realtek audio drive (I think).

These speakers came off of an older (circa 2011) HP Pavillion which had a Sound Blaster x-fi extreme audio card. They sounded great!

Honestly, this new Omen is supposed to have 5.1 surround sound. I have it configured as two speaker stereo. Shouldn't this new PC sound as good as one that is 10 years old?

5 REPLIES 5
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,730 7,629 814 2,869
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
from what I found, they are 2.1 speakers, nothing special!
Whether it's an audio card, 5.1 or not, that shouldn't change anything, since you only have one audio input to plug in, right?
Unfortunately, there is nothing on the support page for this model.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000a/33802663/model/34385029/troubles...
If the audio connector is plugged into the rear audio output of the computer, try updating the driver

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000a/33802663/m...

You can search for the audio panel, there is often one, just check in the control panel

User Guide

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

was this reply helpful , or just say "thank you " ? Click on the yes button 
Warning
If you have to do certain manipulations, it is at your own risk, think carefully before acting!
If you don't think you can, get help, or go to a professional

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
MarkS49675
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. So you're saying you don't think I'm doing anything wrong here? It's just that my speakers are crappy? 😉

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,730 7,629 814 2,869
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no
but if you don't tell me more ...
Did you install the driver, find the audio panel?
where are the speakers connected.
In your image, we can just see that the sound is directed to a screen using HDMI, is this the case, are they going through the screen?

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem >

Warning
If you have to do certain manipulations, it is at your own risk, think carefully before acting!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year
MarkS49675
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended
  • I confirmed that I am using the current RealTek Hi Def Audio Driver.
  • I am unclear on how you define "Audio Panel".  Would you kindly help me to understand what you mean here?
  • The speakers are connected via a 1/8" plug into the port on the motherboard.
  • No, while the NVidia card has an HDMI port, it is unused. Also, I have the native monitor speakers disabled since I am using the x230's.
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
7,730 7,629 814 2,869
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

for the control it is indicated in the given manual if there is
Sometimes you have to use the app available here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/realtek-audio-control/9p2b8mcsvpln?ocid=AID2000142_aff_7593_133356...

Warning

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
happy New Year
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation