jmheadley
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Omen 32 Sound lag when playing video

HP Recommended
HP Omen 32
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

any tips on how to get rid of sound lag when watching videos. currently using power beats bluetooth wireless headphones connected to my omen desktop. wondering if the sound lag is a driver issue or a slow internet issue. thanks

1 REPLY 1
DavidSMP
Retired
Retired
12,360 12,338 1,169 2,498
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @jmheadley,

Good Day. Thank you for visiting the HP community. I understand that you have audio lag issues while playing videos online. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to provide accurate information I would require more details from you.

• Did this happen after installing recent apps or after a software or OS update?
  • Did you reset your browser or try with a different browser?
  • Did you play any audio tracks or movies from your existing collection?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the computer.

For now please try these steps to isolate the issue completely to a driver issue or your internet speed.

• Please playback some audio tracks through a USB flash drive and check if there are any lags?
  • Please playback a high-resolution video file with clear audio from your collection after copying it to a flash drive.
  • You could download Netflix or youtube video to your computer and play it offline to check if there are any lags after trying the first 2 steps.
  • If there are no lags the problem is with the buffering speeds of your internet.
  • Please reset the browser and check again.
  • You could try a different browser also.
  • Also try with a different headset or speakers.

If there is a lag while playing local audio tracks from your computer then please try these steps

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand sound video and game controllers>then select the sound drivers and right-click on it and uninstall the audio drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions. Please ensure to select the correct operating system.
  • Then check if the situation has been corrected.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂 Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation