Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 550-153wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use skull candy hesh 2 wireless headphones.  When I open Chrome and anything like Pandora Radio or netflix if I don't have my headphones turned on first I get no sound.  I do not have this problem with my HP 550-110.  I still have a week to return this computer if this is a defect.  Other times I have to reboot to get sound. 

Any suggestions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @ajsgramie,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you run HP Support Assistant to make sure that the drivers are up to date? Click here to know more. 

Have you made any software or hardware changes?

As I understand the headphone has to be ON first for it to respond, here's what I need you to do:

Recommend you to check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device.

To do this, please see the steps below:

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box.
  • Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options.
  • Next, under the Playback Tab, right click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available.
  • Select Headphones and enable

Once you have the headphone enabled, please make it a default device.

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area.
  • Go to Playback devices and right click Headphones under Playback.
  • Select it as the default device. 

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @ajsgramie,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

I need a few details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you run HP Support Assistant to make sure that the drivers are up to date? Click here to know more. 

Have you made any software or hardware changes?

As I understand the headphone has to be ON first for it to respond, here's what I need you to do:

Recommend you to check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device.

To do this, please see the steps below:

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box.
  • Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options.
  • Next, under the Playback Tab, right click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available.
  • Select Headphones and enable

Once you have the headphone enabled, please make it a default device.

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area.
  • Go to Playback devices and right click Headphones under Playback.
  • Select it as the default device. 

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.