Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillon Wave 600-a101nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have been struggling for month to find the resolution to my problem so Here is my last change.

I have an "HP Pavillon Wave 600-a101nf" that I bought 2 years ago

It was working well and suddy started having almost no sound.

I ave performed driver reinstall, Bios upgrade, configuration accroding to what I founded on the internet… but Nothing gives me more sound

I checked with HP support (whatass oen) that suggested to  reinstalled bios and driever (witch I did) but the sound is still very low,,,,

I asked them fo support but they declined as my machine have more than a year… (with led me to think HP is not that great after all...)

So I am wondering if someone already had the same issue and how did they get if fixed 

Thanks

Bruno

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Flyfr Welcome to HP Community!

After reading your post I see that you require assistance regarding low audio from the computer.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you updated the Audio drivers using the HP Support Assistant?
Did you remove the Audio drivers using the device manager and then download the original drivers from the official HP Website?

Have you used an external set of speakers or headphones to check if the volume quality is better?

For now please try these steps:

• Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Sound, video and game controllers>then select the audio drivers that are listed and right-click on it and uninstall the drivers.
  • Check the box that states delete the software for this device.
  • Then restart the computer and update the bios chipset and audio drivers from this link:http://hp.care/2syreDe and check again if the issue gets resolved.
  • Otherwise please perform these steps:

Disable enhancements

- Right-Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording“, Double

click on Microphone.

- Open the Enhancements / Effects Tab.

- Check "Disable All Sound / System Effects“. Click Apply, OK, test the Microphone again.

2. Change the format of the Microphone

- Right-click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".

- Double click on Microphone.

- Go to the Advanced Tab, choose any of the 16-bit options on the list.

Then check again by restarting the computer. If the issue continues,

Please try these steps:

1. Run Audio Troubleshooter:

- Launch Troubleshooting by typing and clicking “Troubleshooting” in

Windows search.

- Click on "Playing Audio".

- Follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Check if the microphone isn't disabled:

- Right-click on the Volume Icon on the taskbar, select "Recording Devices".

- Click on "Show disconnected devices", and "Show disabled devices".

- Select on Microphone, click on "Properties". If it is disabled, enable it.

- Once enabled, set Microphone as default audio input device.

3. Check if the microphone isn't muted:

- Right-Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Volume Mixer".

- On the Microphone slider, slide it up to 100%.

4. Boost sensitivity of Microphone:

- Right-Click on the Volume icon on the taskbar, select "Recording".

- Double click on Microphone.

- Open the Levels Tab, move the Microphone boost slider up to check the audio.

Please try this step also if nothing works:

• Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.
  • Select the current playback device in use and by default, it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.
  • Go to the Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.
  • Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue.

Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

HP Recommended

Hi

unfortunately.. nothing works

I still hear a very littl sound....

Bruno

HP Recommended

@Flyfr

Perform a system reset

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.