Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP S100

I’m having trouble getting sound out of the S100 speaker bar. I have a E 243i monitor. The bar works as I plugged it directly into my laptop to test it. It’s plugged into the USB port on the monitor now. Is there a setting I. The monitor that I need to adjust for this to work? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The documentation is not very explicit from the product page

But obviously, if it works with the laptop, you must forget a connection
From what I can see there is a usb cable indeed, or an audio input jack
Whether by USB, or by jack, it must be connected to an audio output
So if the screen is not configured so that the usb, then transmit the audio it can not work
Now I don't know if it can work directly, if the screen is connected with HDMI
If not, you probably need to connect an audio input to the screen.
Rather than bothering yourself with different cables if that doesn't work, simply hook up an audio cable from the computer to the soundbar
check all the same with the documents here (I think it's this screen)

Quick Setup Guide

User Guide

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.