Huddy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP envy recline 27 hdmi in not working!!!!

HP envy recline
Windows 8.1

Im trying to set up my xbox 360 with my desktop, my hdmi is connected and when i push the button the the bottom left corner, nothing happends. I have tried restoring even though it has never worked. My computer regonises the xbox in the device manager and all i can do with it is remove it.            

PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

-Huddy

6 REPLIES 6
Huddy Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have also tried different hdmi cables ect...

0 Kudos
kpg1412 Top Student
Top Student
3 2 0 2
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same issue and it was resolved after much research, trial and failed error as described below.

The core of the issue is that during some Windows updates (especially video driver updates) the driver HP MyDisplay gets somehow removed from the system.

You need to reinstall this driver, but unfortunately it is hard to get by the version that actually works. The latest version from the manufacturers WEB site does NOT work.

The file/driver that works is to be found by entering the follwoing ftp address into your web browser: http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/2/g4u0180.houston.hp.com/ftp1/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/

Then look for the file SP67046.EXE

After installation you need to reboot the machine.

It should then work under Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 at least it does on my machine.

Please also keep in mind that to be able to use the switch you need to log on to your account, so that that HP MyDisplay driver gets loaded. You will have to wait before using the switch until it has loaded, so just switchind on the Envy Recline does not do. Quite a hassle for such an expensive machine.

hctheman Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does audio from the HDMI input work with this new installation?

Video works perfectly on my machine however there is no audio.

0 Kudos
Busymaster Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi kpg1412 Honor Student

Honor Student

Many thank I have done the instalation for the drivers according to the link provided by you now the HDMI is working  on windows 10 but still Audio is not working , Can you please help ,

Please help

Safi
0 Kudos
Talk2ThePaw Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks I've been trying for hours now to find a solution and tried everything out there. I finally got it to work. However, that link is out of date, here's a working link:

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=vc_155808_1&swEnvOid=4158

0 Kudos
Aviator_JPN Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I tried the link.  But it's no longer available.   Could someone can steer me toward the website where I can download the driver to fix the problem?   I need to get HDMI Input work for my desktop for my work.    Thanks.  

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation