Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP E243m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

please I am trying to make audio working on my desktop which is brand new Dell Optiplex 7090 and monitor is HP E243m connected via DP (there is no HDMI in Optiplex 7090). As I found monitor has DP 1.2 which should support audio but it doesnt work. Old type of audio input doesnt work as well. Is there any way how to use sound in monitor without HDMI please?

Plus I just connected monitor to PC via USB cabel - camera works well but microphone is not recognized. 

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jendislav -- your monitor should have come with a USB-C-to-USB-A cable.

Connect the (smaller) USB-C end of the cable to the "upstream" USB socket in the monitor.

Connect the (larger)    USB-A end of the cable to any USB port on your computer.

Windows should announce that it has detected the new USB device, namely the monitor's speakers or the monitor's web-camera, and should load the correct device-driver.

Tell us how it goes.

As I found monitor has DP 1.2 which should support audio but it doesn't work. 

Perhaps, within Windows, you need to configure "audio output" to be the monitor's speakers, inside of the usual green-coloured hole into which ordinary speakers (or a headset) would normally connect.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I had that cable connected to PC and it did not worked. I had unplug power from monitor and plug it back and after that it started to work. It is weird but it worked.

Regarding sound - HP support told to me that DP 1.2 does not support sound so I should use HDMI or old audio cabel. Audio output are set up correctly but sound doesnt work. This monitor really makes me crazy. Sound did not worked on previous old PC as well via DP.

HP Recommended

Looking at the users manual here a function test is described where one checks for sound thru the display port and also through the HDMI port.   Possibly one of the OSD menus has an option to select sound from the cable, from the port, from neither (mute) or both.  

As ItsMyName suggested you need to check the audio output configuration on the PC. I don't think you can send audio on both the audio cable and through the DP /HDMI cable at same time.  If the PC sends audio out the cable the monitor needs to use the audio cable for sound.  Same for the video board audio.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community
I am a community volunteer and not work for HP.
If you find this post useful click the YES button
If I helped solve your problem please mark this as a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.