Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP p6-2302eam
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC reset had to be done,means now I have no sound,I've tried to download drivers with troubleshooter but says it can't.

Endless resets of my PC.Also tried Bios reset to defaults.

HP help assistant sound test gives fault code:- MC7F9D-00091X-X87T0K-21VS03

I am not experienced with computers but am reasonably competent.

Please help if you can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver gets the sound to work again.  Restart the PC after installing.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

I don't know what that fault code means, but normally when you get one, it is indicative of a hardware failure.

So, if the above driver doesn't get the sound to work, the IDT audio chip on the motherboard may have died on you.

There is inexpensive and easy solution to fix the audio other than adding an internal sound card, or replacing the motherboard, such as this...

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatibility/dp/B00NMXY2MO/ref=sr_1_1...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver gets the sound to work again.  Restart the PC after installing.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

I don't know what that fault code means, but normally when you get one, it is indicative of a hardware failure.

So, if the above driver doesn't get the sound to work, the IDT audio chip on the motherboard may have died on you.

There is inexpensive and easy solution to fix the audio other than adding an internal sound card, or replacing the motherboard, such as this...

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatibility/dp/B00NMXY2MO/ref=sr_1_1...

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

I have installed that link and restarted my PC...I now have sound back :generic:

Thank you so much for your very prompt and helpful reply.

Is it ok for me to remove the instalwizard or should I leave it on my PC for now?

Once again,many thanks.

Tim.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Tim.

It would be safe to delete the installation file you downloaded.

Glad it wasn't a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanenwrote:

Glad it wasn't a hardware issue.

Phew!...me too.

Thanks again. 

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.