18 10 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Headphone jack not working properly

HP Recommended
H3Z72AA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I need my sons to use the computer for doing homework quietly using their headphones while I do other work but when I plug in my headphones to the headphone jack of my computer, sometimes it works and other times you can hear the audio on the headphones and the computer itself (both ways).

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Thanks in advance

Marjorie

2 REPLIES 2
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @vanessa_6065,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having issues with the headphone jack is not working properly with your HP All in one PC.  Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you wit this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you tried to update the audio drivers?

Have you tried to run the Windows troubleshooter?

In the meantime, while you respond to this post with the details, please try these steps here:

Check the 'Disable front panel jack detection' option: 

1. Double-click on the Realtek HD Audio manager system tray icon 

2. Click on small folder icon  

3. Check that the 'Disable front panel jack detection' tick box is unticked. 

4. Now insert the jack plug of either a microphone or headphones into the corresponding front panel socket of your computer. 

5. If you now see the message 'Information: A jack has been plugged in', then you do not need to change this setting as your system has an HDA compatible front panel. 

6. If you do not see this message, then click on the small folder icon again and tick the 'Disable front panel jack detection' check box. 

If any of the above options are unavailable, install the latest drivers for you audio adapter and then try again: Click here for the drivers 

For more assistance, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 😎

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
vanessa_6065
Author
Level 2
18 10 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the reply.  No i have not tried to update the audio drivers nor thw windows troubleshooter. 

How canI do that?

I also tried to to follow the steps that you recommended, but I was unable to find Realtek HD Audio Manager

Marjorie

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation