Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-165na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to plug a 4 pin headset into the headphone jack so can chat online.  I can hear my friends but they can't hear me. Also while my headset is plugged in, I can hear them perfectly but it creates an echo for them. I have tried 2 different 4 pin headsets and the same problem occurs but the headsets function correctly when plugged into xbox one or iphone.

The pc has a headphone jack and a microphone jack but does not have a headset jack so don't know whether I need new headphones or whether there is a way of connecting my existing ones which are meant to be pc compatible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If it were me, I would buy a USB headset.  Here is an example of one that should work:

http://www.staples.com/Logitech-H390-Headset/product_710265?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:710265&ci_src=17588969...

The are other examples too numerous to mention.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Emanji, welcome to the forum.

What are the make/models of the headsets that you are trying to use?  I want to see what connectors they have.  This will allow me to help you better.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in. The following link shows specs of your computer:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/OMEN-by-HP-870-100-Desktop-PC-series/12079703/document/c05317922...

It does NOT have port for a headset, it has 2 ports for external microphones (1 front and 1 back). You need a headphone-mic combo port (your machine does not have) to be able to use headset .

I can't find an adapter for this (many adapters for another way around)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

If it were me, I would buy a USB headset.  Here is an example of one that should work:

http://www.staples.com/Logitech-H390-Headset/product_710265?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:710265&ci_src=17588969...

The are other examples too numerous to mention.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I actually use USB headsets at work and at home specially for conference calls and sometimes (10%) I have to turn the microphone on because it won't come on automatically.

mic_head.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
Hi they are Turtle Beach XO Four Stealth.
HP Recommended
I'm new to having a pc so if I buy a USB headset is there anything special I need to make sure it has or will any work? Also is it better to have wired or wireless. Thanks.
HP Recommended

@Emanji wrote:
I'm new to having a pc so if I buy a USB headset is there anything special I need to make sure it has or will any work? Also is it better to have wired or wireless. Thanks.

Any USB headset that is compatible with Win 10 should work fine.  You should look at banhien's post with the diagram showing how to make certain that they are recognized.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.