Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 13 x365
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

headphones not working with Envy laptop. OK with other devices. Speakers working OK on laptop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@GyanT,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you are having issues with the headphone not working on your new HP notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you checked if this headphones work on another computer?

Have you ensure the cable is plugged in properly?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

1. Make sure your headphones are plugged into the headphone jack
2. Go to your control panel
3. Click Sound
4. Click on the Playback tab (should be default tab)
5. Click on the item Speakers / Headphones
6. In the drop down menu click on Set as Default
7. This should remove the little phone icon from the headphones and your headphones should now work

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

You could also follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 😎 (Though the steps are for Windows 8, I would suggest you could follow this for Windows 10).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GyanT,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums! I see from your post that you are having issues with the headphone not working on your new HP notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you checked if this headphones work on another computer?

Have you ensure the cable is plugged in properly?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

1. Make sure your headphones are plugged into the headphone jack
2. Go to your control panel
3. Click Sound
4. Click on the Playback tab (should be default tab)
5. Click on the item Speakers / Headphones
6. In the drop down menu click on Set as Default
7. This should remove the little phone icon from the headphones and your headphones should now work

Alternatively, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and Audio drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

You could also follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP PCs - Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems (Windows 😎 (Though the steps are for Windows 8, I would suggest you could follow this for Windows 10).

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Downloading the drivers did the trick!

HP Recommended

@GyanT,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.