Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
probook 6470b

Hello,

Im a teacher and in my classes i have to use a projector, so i decided that i would need to buy  a new computer, so I recently got a probook 6470b, and it projects fine but theres no sound, and its a really big issue when I want to project videos to my class, I tried diferent kinds of speakers and to configure the audio, but it doesen't work, i also trouble-shooted the problem but it doesen't work.

How can i solve this?

Thanks in advance -Amy

P.S. i think it's windows 7 but i haven't checked

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok. When you connect the HDMI cable, right-click on the small speaker icon at the bottom right of taskbar. Click on PLayback devices and you should see HDMI audio (or audio and name of projector) with a green arrow on it. Right-click on it and click on disable.

You might also have to enable the speaker playback, however first just try disabling the HDMI audio and removing the cable. Now reinsert the cable and the audio should come from the speakers.

Let me know,

David

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi Amy,

A couple of quesions. How do you connect to the projector? Is it with HDMI cable? Are the speakers connected to the projector or to headphone jack on PC?

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

I use speakers on the headphone jack in Desktop Audio also , it's an HDMI cable.

HP Recommended

Does the audio work when you disconnect the HDMI cable from the PC. I am thinkink that since HDMI also carries sound it could be that once you connect the HDMI cable it automatically switches the sound output to HDMI. So I would like to know if the sound of the PC works when HDMI cable is not inserted.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Yes, as soon as I unplug the HDMI the sound starts working

HP Recommended

Ok. When you connect the HDMI cable, right-click on the small speaker icon at the bottom right of taskbar. Click on PLayback devices and you should see HDMI audio (or audio and name of projector) with a green arrow on it. Right-click on it and click on disable.

You might also have to enable the speaker playback, however first just try disabling the HDMI audio and removing the cable. Now reinsert the cable and the audio should come from the speakers.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

It did work!

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Your welcome.

Let me know if you need any further help.

All the best,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.