Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP d4990y
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Help, No sound out of my HP w2207 monitor speakers??  They where working last week before updates.  Under Device Manager there is a yellow mark that says, Multi Media Audio Controller.  I tried to update driver, but I guess I'm not getting the right one??   THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if the driver directly from Realtek works.

Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 1st driver on the list, and restart the PC...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

HP Recommended

The download was successful but that didn't fix it.  I noticed when playing a video if I click the speaker at the lower bottomright and then click mixer it shows Realtek HDMI output and windows media player sounbars are going up and down with the sound but the system soundbars doesnt show it reading sound?   Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Sorry that driver didn't fix the problem.

Did you go to the windows control panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound>click on Manage Audio Devices, and select the Speakers as the default?

That would be the only other suggestion I can offer.

HP Recommended

There are no other option there except Realtek HDMI Output, no speakers.  Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello : ) Excited to say that I have TWO HP w2207 monitors and one HP 2009M monitor., However Neither operate with sound. I have one plugged in VIA vga to HDMI, another through VGA and the last through DVI. I know that neither cable will produce sound, but I was under the impression that the cable did not matter. Do I need to have a double male end USB plugged into the monitors or do I use an aux cable?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.