Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion HPE (h8-1380t)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi!

I am a newbie using an HP Pavillion HPE (h8-1380t) running under Windows 7 Pro (64 bit).

On the top of the PC, near the front, there is an input for a headphone and an input for a microphone. I use these two inputs for a combined headphone/microphone. And, it works well.

On the back panel, there are six audio inputs:

Center/sub-woofer

Rear speaker out

Side speaker out

Line-in

Line-out
Microphone

I want to install a stand alone microphone and stand-alone speakers for recording MS Power Point presentations. I have not bought the microphone yet but I do have a set of speakers (Altec Lansing BXR1220) that has a single male plug plus a USB connection for power.

Microphone

1) What type of microphone do I buy?

2) Where do I plug it in?

Speakers

3) Where do I plug in the Altec Lansing speakers?

Windows

4) How do I configure Windows?

Thank you!

Doctor T

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.