Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes, I see the same problem happening now.  Actually it's called CxUIUsvc64 and it eats all the ram.

HP Recommended

I turned on my monitors this morning to see that my system had rebooted on its own - must have been an update.  And today, for the first time, I see this issue plaguing my relatively new EliteDesk 800 G5 Mini - i7-9700T with 64GB of ram.   For the last 10 months this he computer was my wifes until I recently migrated my old system to this new one - but she has always been complaining of slowness and unresponsiveness - and I have been experiencing it too after it became my primary system.  The G2 Mini (that was mine and is now hers) with 2007 Windows and 12Gb of memory is faster than this new G5.

I wonder if this CxUIUsvc64 service has been the root cause of all the slowness we have experienced with this machine.  After my wife had complained about it I looked at it multiple times but never saw this process chewing memory or cpu - until today.  So I don't know if its the true culprit or not, but I am hoping it is because then it will mean I finally pinned down the root cause.

At first I set the service to "Manual" then upon reading more threads I have set it to "Disabled".    However, now the volume icon in the taskbar won't open the volume setting but I am able to open control panel sounds settings and adjust the volume there.  A minor inconvenience if it means I can have a very fast and responsive system again.  I hope to see HP provide a perm fix....but based on how long this issue has been plaguing HP sounds cards - I don't have any confidence they will.

HP Recommended

This service is a nuisance and should be disabled on all computers.  I think it gets installed with a sound driver, and sysprep doesn't take it back out.

powershell stop-process -n CxUIUSvc64 -f; set-service CxUIUSvc -StartupType Disabled

HP Recommended

Have the same issue. No idea when it started but it's very annoying. Have a Z2 Mini G4 and this service uses so much power it causes the fans to run constantly at a deafening level. It's not just a minor inconvenience.

HP Recommended

The noise from my hp g4 led me to this thread. It is a pity that apart from disabling the service, they did not come up with anything. 😐

HP Recommended

Please don´t be hasty.

We have been waiting patiently for the fix since 2018 when I first reported this issue.

HP Recommended

Started looking into why this EliteDesk kept running such high cpu use and fan kicked in when nothing should be tasking it.   Bingo ... and now I'm hear at this thread.   What is up with this HP?

HP Recommended

Same.  Please fix it.

HP Recommended

I have been waiting the fix since 2018.
Welcome to our waiting team!

HP Recommended

Does anybody know what this software actually does and what is lost by disabling the service?  What can no longer be done with the audio stack that could be done before after disabling it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.