Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaulAnthony
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 1 of 25
Flag Post

High pitched tone/whistle from studio monitors and headphones.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 550-203na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning
Recently purchased this desktop, very pleased with it, although...

I do a bit of home recording and have a USB connection from the PC to a PreSonus AudioBox USB audio interface (see below), which outputs to a pair of M-Audio BX5 powered monitors.  On my old PC (a Dell clunker, running Windows 10), the PreSonus unit served to handle all audio the PC produced and I used it for recording without issue, so it seemed feasible that I should continue along the same route.

I've connected everything up on the new HP, but I'm getting a constant high pitched tone from the speakers; it's unaffected by the Main dial (effectively the signal strength going to the speakers)...I can ramp this right up and the tone stays the same level and is there irrespective of whether audio is playing on the PC or not.  PreSonus drivers are up to date (Presonus Driver Page).  The tone is also audible through the headphone output of the PreSonus unit too.

From previous experience I've used the Audiobox ASIO Driver or ASIO4ALL to route audio around, tweaking latency to suit the circumstances, but neither of these seem to make any difference and the tone persists.  Done all the other troubleshooting.  Swapped cabling, different USB outputs (2.0 and 3.0), but with no joy, so I'm getting a bit irritated now!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

24 REPLIES 24
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 2 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@PaulAnthony,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in fixing the issue with your PreSonus Audio Box. Is that, correct?

I have checked for the Sound box you had referred to, Please use the link below and check if the listed update is installed on the Windows 10 PC to which it is connected.

http://hp.care/2jZjoLn

HP has never tested any third party devices and will not take responsibility for the device nonfunctionality with HP PC’s

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
PaulAnthony
Author
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 3 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi
Thanks for coming back to me.  The audio interface (AI) is listed on that page, it's the bottom one listed in this section:

Hardware and Control Software

AudioBox (including VSL) v1.3 with:

• AudioBox 1818VSL
  • AudioBox 44VSL
  • AudioBox 22VSL
  • AudioBox iTwo
  • AudioBox iOne
  • AudioBox USB

---------------------

When I click the URL/Link under that, I just get a page saying 'Oops, you're not authorized to access this page'.

If I can add, the drivers for the PreSonus are up to date and the PC is new (about ten days out of the box) and it did a ramp of updates when I fired it up, so one would assume Windows is 100% up to date too.

FYI, I've also reached out to PreSonus to see if they're able to help out.  There doesn't seem to be any reason to believe the AI is faulty as it worked without issue on the old PC.  To me it just sounds like a feedback issue of some kind...perhaps a conflict between the on board soundcard and the AI. 

I honestly have no idea how to disable the B&O Play .dll on the PC either.  The program pinned to the start menu boots up a grey pop-up (listing Volume/Listening Experience etc.), but you can't deselect the choice of playback and recording device options.

Thanks for your assistance so far!  Do your best...it's driving me a bit crazy!
P

0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 4 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@PaulAnthony,

Thanks for the response.

You can disable the B&O software from the control panel and check if that helps you use the audio box on your PC for the recording.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for more.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
PaulAnthony
Author
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 5 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can open the B&O dialogue box, but can't uncheck the make-default buttons.  Any idea?

Untitled-1.jpg

0 Kudos
PaulAnthony
Author
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 6 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I suppose the next thing to ask is whether it's possible to just remove the whole B&O and Realtek stuff in their entirety.  I'm never going to use them, so if they're causing a conflict with teh Audiobox, it may be more beneficial to just excise them from the PC.

0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 7 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@Paulanthony,

Thanks for the response.

Yes. You can uninstall the B&O from the PC and check if that solves the issue.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Note: HP doesn’t recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
PaulAnthony
Author
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 8 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I remove the program permanently?  The program isn't showing in Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

The start menu links to this:

C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL RTSnMg64.cpl,,

Help!

0 Kudos
Resolv_S
Retired
Retired
3,304 3,302 179 339
Message 9 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello@Paulanthony,

Thanks for the response.

Do a search for the B&O in Windows explorer and find the folder location and delete the folder in order to remove it.

Resolv_S

I work for HP

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

0 Kudos
PaulAnthony
Author
Level 2
19 17 0 0
Message 10 of 25
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK...all I can find from a search of 'B&O' on the C: is a link that's nestled in a startup folder buried in the windows.old directory; there's no B&O folder, (hidden or otherwise).  Deleted the link.  Rebooted.  Still the same.

Anything more I can do?  Can I forward you a Belarc Profile or .nfo file so you can see what's running?

Everything else should be disabled. 

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation