Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 32 QHD Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Monitor arrived today and I can hear constant loud hissing noise through headphones (tried multiple ones, it's definitely the monitor that's faulty here). I have the monitor connected to my Lenovo V155 laptop. Don't currently have any speakers to test. Is there anything I can do to stop the hissing? I tried going through customer support but it didn't accept my serial number, so I can't get hold of them!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

what is your product code #? 4WH45AA#ABA ???????

how is MON connected to LEnovo,  all connections need to be told first.

the video cable DP or HDMI.?

and 3.5mm audio, cable. to PC or to monitor?

what phones are these, 3.5mm , usb or bluetooth. (I Guess 3.5mm phones)

the monitor does have 1 headphone-out;.  port, and so the HDMI or DP gpu card driver must support sound on DP or HDMI

even load newer driver on the Lenovo.

there is no volumn control in the OSD of the monitor, only on the PC. side. do so there first

the PC must have sound turned on for HDMI if using HDMI.

this is MS settings via the GPU driver in Lenovo.   

on my PC i click task bar speaker Icon, then click audio devices, then  pick  "nvidia output" or what you have for HDMI IDK

i have many outputs on my PC, and a USB DAC too. and all work , if I pick one. there. 

then turn up the volume next.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

The monitor has two product numbers. 4WH45AA and 4WH45AS. The Lenovo is connected to the monitor via an HDMI cable. Headphones are plugged into the monitor. They're 3.5mm stereo headphones.

As for the HDMI settings, I can't find the settings you're describing 😕

But the sound does work on the monitor, it comes out clear, there's just also a hissing noise on top of it. When connecting the laptop to a TV with HDMI, there is no hissing. Also, the hissing happens when I connect a different laptop to the same monitor. Is this not maybe just a faulty monitor?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.