Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a HP all in one computer with one input jack. My audio devce will not play through computer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There are many HP AIO units and many configurations.  Please indicate the model number of the PC, so accurate information may be given.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi

My computer is a HP All in one 22-c0226. It has one jack on the back with a headphone microphone symbol I tried t put the output from my cable box into it. No sound came through the computer. This set up worked on my Gateway computer however, it had separate jacks for in and out connections.

Thank You for any help you can offer.

HP Recommended

While it does not specifically state that it will function as an audio input, the jack is for a headset.  That means the jack is probably a three band jack with headphones - out,  and microphone - in.  It may take the cable box output on the microphone input, but please be careful, as the level might to be too for that.  Also, most likely the cable you are using for the cable box to the PC is probably only an audio input cable and the rings on the jack plug do not line up with rings on the audio jack on the PC.

It might be possible to use a USB device to accomplish this, however.  Here is one such device where the audio in and audio out are seperated

https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Headphone-Microphone-Aluminum-Compatible/dp/B00NMXY2MO

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.