Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

With this monitor, I have not been able to get the audio to work. The information on this monitor is very limited on the internet and I have not been able to find someone else with this problem.

The number of the product is: HSD-0011-Q

Serial number: [personal info removed]

When I connected my pc to the monitor using several HDMI cable, the display works but the audio does not. My pc does not have a VGA port so that is not an option. 

I tried plugging an audio cable into my pc and the monitor but it didn’t work. The monitor audio comes up as an audio device but no sound comes out of the monitor when I play audio. 

With headphones connected to my pc, the audio is fine.

When troubleshooting the audio of the monitor, I’m told there is nothing wrong with the audio. 

Does anyone else have this problem - is my audio cable the problem or are the speakers broken?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TomC131 

Are you sure it has speakers ? I can't find it specs.

>>>> My pc does not have a VGA port so that is not an option. 

VGA does not carry sound therefore you can't use VGA alone anyway.

If it did have speakers. Can you see it under sound ?

(a) If yes, you have to enable it,

(b) If NO, you need its drivers - I can't find its specs therefor I don't know it has driver or not.

Again, I need to know what is it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.