Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I'm connecting it to my PC. I have built my own gaming pc so I'm a hard core gamer so I use the display port to enable amd free sync. I tried the CD, hp drivers, searched for bo software. There is nothing out there to help me solve this.
HP Recommended

If you select "Display port audio", does it again default back to Auto-Detect?

I wonder if the issue then is tied to the settings of your PC. Defaulting to the Auto-Detect makes me wonder if it's trying to detect a source that works properly with the the BO setting. Do you have any other things you can connect to monitor (disconnecting your PC first)? I'm wondering if your options change with a different device. 

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Well I tried my xbox one and still nothing. The only logical idea I got is that there is a sound option for every port on the monitor. So for example there's an option for HDMI audio, mhl audio, display port audio and analog audio. But where is the port for the bo? The only connection left is that digital sound port which I don't have a cable for that because it's sold separately. So maybe I should buy one of those and see if it works maybe.
HP Recommended

Hmmm...There shouldn't be a port for BO, as it would be more related to the sound output quality and perhaps the speakers. Maybe the BO settng is actually always on and the auto-detect changes the port automatically just as it should be doing.  Have you tried plugging in headphones to the monitor and see if the audio seems more dynamic than it does from the speakers?

Have you tried different types of media like movies or music to see if the sound is more dynamic?

...an HP employee just trying to help where I can, but not speaking on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.