Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I connected hdmi with my laptop but i can't able to change my audio output from my laptop 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Rasik1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you

Due to the current global COVID-19 situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support. We appreciate your patience.

Try the steps below -

use the correct HDMI cable for your HDMI device

Most HDTV devices have more than one HDMI input port, therefore it is very important that the HDMI display's input source is set to the same HDMI port that is connected to your computer, for example HDMI 2 to HDMI 2.

If your computer and HDMI device use different cable types, you can purchase adapters. See Overview of HDMI and DVI Connections for PCs for more information.

HDMI cable connector

Image of the plug on an HDMI cable

HDMI 19-pin port (Normal)

HDMI 19-pin (Normal)

Select HDMI sound output as the default audio device

Select the HDMI device as the default output device. When an external sound device is not connected to the computer, the sound settings revert to your computer's speakers and headphones. When the HDMI device is connected to the computer, the sound settings change to the HDMI device. Open sound settings to ensure the correct output device is selected.

NOTE: 

The images displayed in this document might differ from your computer, but the steps are the same.

1. Connect the HDMI cable to your computer and to your output device.

2. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

3. Click Sound, and then click the Playback tab.

4. The Sound window opens. On the Playback tab, select Speaker/Headphone or Speakers and Headphones, and then click Set Default.

NOTE: 

Use Default Devices for audio output devices such as headphones or speakers. Use Default Communication Device for making and receiving phone calls.

Setting Speaker/Headphone as the default audio device

5. Select the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then click Set Default.

Setting output device connected with the HDMI cable as the default device

6. Right-click the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then select Show Disconnected Devices. The HDMI cable must be connected when it is configured.

Selecting Show Disconnected Devices

7. To view all the available sound devices, right-click any device shown in the Sound window and select the Show Disabled Device and Show Disconnected Devices options.

Try step 3 and 4 in the document: Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows)

Download and install all the updates from HP Support assistant :

Use HP Support Assistant to automatically install computer updates, such as updated drivers, system updates, and useful utilities.

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.