Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-am122tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm unable to change the wallpaper on my laptop. When ever I try to change the wallpaper, It gets to the background color and plain color is set as my wallpaper except for the themes. I can't keep my pictures as wallpapers using the option 'Set as my wallpaper'. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Omair1,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues changing wallpaper on your HP laptop. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

This could be due to a malware, I would suggest if you have a anti-virus program installed on your PC, I would recommend you go ahead and run a complete scan on your PC.

Once the scan completes, restart the PC and check if you are able to change the wall paper. If you are still having the issue. Next step would be to create a new User account with administrator access.

If you are able to change the wall paper in the new user account, this clearly indicates the user profile is corrupted.

You could also try to Uninstall the display drivers from device manager and then check the box to delete the software for this device and once done restart the PC.

Once the computer restarts, it will look for the drivers and install it automatically and then you can try to change the wall paper and check if that helps.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.