Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ht 1260 t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

after an update on windows 10 I lost my beats sound system how do I get it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

There is no restore point that was created right before you installed the driver?

If not, then if the most recent restore point you select is before the windows update that caused the sound to quit working right, yes it will cancel out the update, that started the problem and the PC will go right back to where it was after the subsequent updates are installed.

That's too bad the driver didn't work. I have given it to dozens of forum members with the IDT audio system and no W10 drivers on the support page.

The only issues reported in some cases were that the audio out of the headphone jack didn't work.

I don't recall any distortion problems, but apparently it can happen.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 IDT audio driver and restarting the PC, resolves the problem...

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Paul,

the driver you gave me has an unnatural echo.  which if you wanted the concert hall sound it would be okay (5th row center..Not bad seats)...is there a realtek driver for my computer?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, the Realtek audio driver won't work on PC's with the IDT audio chip.

Different hardware.  The driver wouldn't install.

HP Recommended

So, Paul what can we do about the reverb situation..Ive never had this problem before

a

HP Recommended

If you can roll back the driver by going to the device manager, click to expand the sound, video and game controllers device manager category, click on the IDT HD audio device, click on the driver tab, and see if the roll back driver button is not grayed out.

Either that, or do a system restore and select a restore point to a time before you installed the driver I posted.

HP Recommended

Paul, there isn't a roll back..simple choices  A. Update  B. Disable C UnInstall 

Is there a driver that would be compatible at all.  the reverb can be annoying!!

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, there isn't any driver that will work, if that one didn't.

I'm concerned that if you uninstall the driver, you may lose the sound altogether, but that would be your only other option.

There is no system restore point you can choose to bring your PC's audio back to where it was before you installed the W10 driver I posted?

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

1. Select the Start  button, enter control panel, and then choose it from the list of results.
  2. Enter recovery in the Control Panel search box.
  3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
  4. Choose the most recent app, driver, or update on the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs. You'll see list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Next > Finish. Or, if needed, select an earlier restore point before selecting Next > Finish.
HP Recommended

Guess I Have no choice but to restore.  Will that not cancel out the update for windows which started this mess??  Or once I restore and go to windows updates, will that start windows to update to bring all updates current?  Then I'm back in the soup again! 

HP Recommended

There is no restore point that was created right before you installed the driver?

If not, then if the most recent restore point you select is before the windows update that caused the sound to quit working right, yes it will cancel out the update, that started the problem and the PC will go right back to where it was after the subsequent updates are installed.

That's too bad the driver didn't work. I have given it to dozens of forum members with the IDT audio system and no W10 drivers on the support page.

The only issues reported in some cases were that the audio out of the headphone jack didn't work.

I don't recall any distortion problems, but apparently it can happen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.