Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OMEN 25L Desktop

I've lost the ability to open Omen Audio Control.

When I click the icon - I just get a spinning wheel.

Any ideas how to get it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

in device manager, what version do you have now?
if you have hp support assistant, maybe the update was done automatically, although it seems to me that the user must give his consent..
unless it's with windows update
in any case, please close the topic, by validating an answer

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello

[start]This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Give the full version of windows

for windows 10 type winver in the search box
if you give the best information
your problem could have a solution more quickly (depending on the difficulty, of course)
Learn how to use the Community

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More

-----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I'm not sure why the serial number matters of why it wasn't asked for originally. 

Does anyone know how I can get my Omen Audio Control back?

HP Recommended

hi

please 

Advice For Asking The Best Questions | HP Support Forums | HP - YouTube

Computers are all different, give you a little bit of information here?
see:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/deviceSearch?q=OMEN%2025L%20Desktop&origin=pdp

so depending on the model the versions of the audio drivers, / audio chips are different!
You don't want help, no problem, but without information of this type, we can only give you solutions of this type:

Advanced Sound Troubleshooting (Windows 10)

No sound from speakers

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I found this:

OMEN 25L Desktop GT12-0xxx
Product number : 7WM47AV

Does that help?

HP Recommended

yes

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-desktop-pc-25l-gt12-0000i/33492320/model/37705...

Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

6.0.9239.1 Rev.B30.3 MBMar 15, 2022Download

download audio driver
right click run as administrator
Wait for the end of the installation, if at the end the computer does not restart, do a restart
check driver version in device manager

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I went to the driver update section but my Windows 10 version, 21H2, is not listed.  Perhaps this means my driver is the latest update?  I don't know.

HP Recommended

well here's something interesting: The audio control is back. I don't know what happened. Did my audio driver automatically update?

I have controls back. There is a delay with Audio presets and I am not sure if they are doing anything, but Equalizer Control is working, with both presets and manual adjustment.

HP Recommended

in device manager, what version do you have now?
if you have hp support assistant, maybe the update was done automatically, although it seems to me that the user must give his consent..
unless it's with windows update
in any case, please close the topic, by validating an answer

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.