Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Slimline 400-220jp
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I can’t use Skype for the below reason.

In the control panel, sound shows the below

(In Japanese, Micropone “Currently unavailable”)

(IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

20140922_1_サウンド.png

I could not select the mic as setting device, it is impossible to choose.

(Unable to select the gray out)

20140922_2_サウンド_規定のデバイスに設定.png

In some comments on the web shows that only one device can be recognized as “recording”, I changed the other device unavailable, but could not select the mic as the available device.

20140922_3_サウンド_StereoMix無効.png

Even though property of microphone shows the connection of 3.5 mm jack in rear, panel, the connection of mic does not affect the status of “currently unavailable”.

I changed several jack on the PC panel, no status change happens.

Mic works when it connects to other devices.

20140922_4_Microphonのプロパティ.png

Wiondows 8.1、

PC is HP Pavilion Slimline 400 PC

Please help me and let me know the solutions.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

please follow these steps:
1. In the search option of Charms Bar type devmgmt.msc. Select the resulted file in the left pane. This opens Device Manager.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id  or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B16D5B&0&33F0 is the identification marker for the device.
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thank you for your prompt advice.

Opened the device manager as follows, but could not find any unknown devices marked out with a yellow question mark. 

20140922_5_DeviceManager.png

Even though there is no unknown device, the device I need might be sound driver and clicked the property as follows.

20140922_6_IDT_Driver_Description.png

Hardware ID is as follows.

There are tow IDs.

If it helps to solve the problem, it is very happy for me.

20160922_HardwareID.png

HP Recommended

Please try the driver from the following weblink:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64473.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Thank you for your sugestion.

Driver has been installed and upgraded shown as below.

20160922_HardwareID.png

Unfortunately, the mic status "currently unavailable" in the Sound has not changed.

The information listed above in Japanese, is difficult for me to understand.

Let me try to translate to English

" The process to add the service "STHDA"  for device instance ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76F3&SUBSYS_103C2AF7&REV_1002\4&2DCAAFFF&0&0001 has been finished  at status 0。 

In addition to that, event detail information is as follows.

20160922_9_CODEC_Property_detail.png

HP Recommended

Thanks to the advice, I tried several times.

In addition to the drive shown in the advice, I tried to update the other audio devices from HP homepage but could not updated.

By the way, the status of the recording devices "currently unavailable" does not change  regardless of whether the microphone's status in or out.  To put it another way, when the microphne is not connected the plug, the status is still "currently unavailable", not "does not connected".

If this information helps to the solution, it would be great pleasure.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.