Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Horaceman
1 0 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

IDT High Definition Audio Codec Doesn't Work After Windows 10 Reinstall

HP Recommended

I downloaded and installed the recommended file but not sure how to go about replacing the current IDT High Definition Audio CODEC.  When I tried to update the IDT driver, it said I had the most current one.  Please advise on what I need to do.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,398 2,343
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Horaceman,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with the IDT high definition Audio codex does not work after the recent Windows 10 installation. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

• I would recommend you to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.
  • Once you update the bios > uninstall the current Audio driver using the device manager > then use this LINK  (same as above) to download the updated audio driver and that should resolve this issue.
  • I also suggest a hardware test on the Sound card to be on a safer side: Click here

I hope this should do the trick. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation