Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
h8-1100z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello good afternoon.
They are so kind to help me re-install the audio system to my computer. It disappeared completely, it cannot be located in Device Manager. It was completely removed and I did not remove it.
Can you help me please, a computer without audio is not a computer. Now, do you know if you can install another program that replaces this one but that you have the same characteristics ...?

Greeting, I hope contentment.

Mininon

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if installing the W10 IDT audio driver from a newer model desktop PC gets the sound to work again.   Restart the PC after installing the driver.

VERSION: 6.10.6504.0      July 03, 2015

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

When the download is being carried out and almost finishing it says the following.

Configuring IDT Audio  Driver And Applications

The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package. The install will be aborted.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Sorry that the driver didn't work on your model PC.

HP Recommended

I need the hardware device ID number of the IDT High Definition Audio Codec device on the HP computer, Mininon.

the sp71717.exe package may not work because it only supports certain IDT audio devices with certain hardware IDs.

to do this, follow the directions from this site to how to check the hardware ID for a Windows device

example of a hardware ID number of an IDT audio device on an HP computer - HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76C7&SUBSYS_103C2AB5
now that specific ID is listed in the STWRT64.inf file of the IDT HD Audio v6.10.6504.0 driver from the sp71717 package

edit 9/26 - try this v6.10.6496.0 IDT audio driver from here (sp67243)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.