Bored_Peon
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Installed GTX 360 lost sound

HP Recommended
850-150qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a GTX 960 grpahics card today and lost all sound. I know the conflict has to do with the audio in the card and the onboard motherboard audio conflicting.

I have been through the normal driver, volume,  and device options.  I just can not find an option that works.

I tried Geforce customer service and they directed to to take pictures of steps I already tried.

I opened the BIOS did a self diagnostic audio test and received this error.

0gdb8f-84d95h-qffx76-001n03

n0x15av#aba

4 REPLIES 4
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 467
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bored_Peon

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are facing issues with audio.

I'll be glad to help you out. 🙂

I went through the post and I see that you've already performed most of the troubleshooting steps, Kudos to you on that. 🙂

I do see taht the audio test failed with a failure ID.

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on "Continue as guest".

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bored_Peon
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not under warranty anymore.

Not paying for support either. 

Which sends me right back here to forums.

Tired of going in circles because the BIOS on the motherboard did not include options to enable/disbale onboard sound.

0 Kudos
Barachiel
Retired
Retired
6,247 6,228 314 467
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Bored_Peon

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well, 

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Bored_Peon
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to bypass it temporarily by adding the settings for headphones and plugging the jack into the headphones.

The sound was there but it was extremely weak, even at full volume in device, windows, and actual speaker settings it was barely audible.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation