Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 795-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Apparently at random intervals I lose audio in this brand new PC. After reviewing the available updates for this system I have applied both the Conexant audio driver fixes SP87551 and the more recent SP92461. Neither has fixed the problem. At other random times, I see a notification that something has been disconnected from the audio jack (when nothing has). The simple but temporary fix for the loss of audio is to restart the system. It may be a couple of days before it occurs again.

Is there a further update to properly fix this? If not, is HP aware the problem persists?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would contact HP Support (Link) if this has been happening since day one.

You may have a rear audio out port problem or a problem with the audio chip on the motherboard. Both causes may require replacing the motherboard.

Is it possible to try a different audio cable or a different speaker system? Try using the front audio out port to see if the problem continues.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.