Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All in One 24-k0203a
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, The internal speaker volume is maxed out and extremally distorted.  Even setting the volume level to 1 of 100 doesn't reduce the noise.  HP PC hardware Diagnostics Audio test passed and I have checked the realtec audio drivers and they say they are up to date  with version 6.0.9186.1 for Realtec Audio  and 10.0.22000.1 for Speaker . Not sure what else can be done

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @ChrisM52 .
Update the bios of your computer:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp128501-129000/sp128640.exe

Updating the bios improves performance, solves specific problems, adds security patches and may be that the current BIOS is not compatible with a hardware component or a Windows update.
1. Download the file by clicking on the link I provided and save the file in a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: When updating the bios, do not turn off the computer, do not suspend and in the case of laptops do not put the lid down, and keep your computer plugged directly into a power outlet.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

@ChrisM52 -- what happens if you connect EXTERNAL speakers to your computer?

Does it disable the internal speaker?

Do the external speakers have their own volume-control, to quiet them down.

Personally, I think that any "BIOS UPDATE" is not a "cure-all" for most computer problems.

There are too many threads on this discussion forum about "failed BIOS Update turned my computer into a brick".

I would only update the BIOS if my research shows that the documentation with the update indicates that the update will solve my specific problem.  Definitely, I would NOT do it as the "first" tweak.

HP Recommended

@itsmyname .

That can probably be under other scenarios, such as power failure, induced shutdowns, etc, but also the user can proceed to update the bios from Windows update and this method is safe as long as it does not do what I said in the beginning, although it is also recommended to reinstall the audio driver.

I am proudly Mexican, a Computer Systems Engineer and a community volunteer.
If you found the answer helpful and/or you want to say “thanks”? Click the “ Yes ” box below Did I help solve the problem? don´t forget to click “ Accept as a solution” , someone who has the same query may find this solution and be helped by it.

HP Recommended

When I connect headphones, the headphones volume work ok as expected.  The problem is only when using the computer speaker.

Thanks

HP Recommended

@ChrisM52 --  The problem is only when using the computer speaker.

Can you find a replacement internal speaker that outputs less volume ? 

Example, for $7: https://www.amazon.ca/PC-Case-Internal-Mini-Speaker/dp/B075TNZXCS/ref=sr_1_12

I doubt that a BIOS Update will have any beneficial effect. 

You already have the best device-driver software.

Your audio hardware works correctly, when connected to external speakers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.