Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 580137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have searched for hours and cannot find an answer for installing a a2dp driver on my Pavilion 580 137c Desktop computer. I just want to install my Sony Bluetooth headphones model

MDRZX770BN. Does a driver exist for this and if so, how do I obtain it?

If HP eliminated this option, why? What possible reason would they have for not including such a popular Bluetooth required driver?

Any help from someone experienced in this issue would be greatly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DSHAW1952,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for an A2DP driver for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

A2DP stands for Advanced Audio Distribution Profile. This is the Bluetooth Stereo profile which defines how high-quality stereo audio can be streamed from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection - for example, music streamed from a mobile phone to wireless headphones.

Although many products may have Bluetooth enabled, in order for music to be streamed from one Bluetooth device to another, both devices will need to have this A2DP profile. If both devices to do not contain this profile, you may still be able to connect, however, these profiles will not support stereo music.

You need to make sure that the Bluetooth adapter on your computer supports A2DP and there is no separate driver for it. If you help me with the Bluetooth adapter installed on the computer, I will let you know whether it supports A2DP or not or you can look up this information in the Bluetooth adapter specifications.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am not very knowledgeable about the inner workings of computer control adapters. Where would I find the information about the BT adapter? Under settings, BT is turned on, under BT settings I see:

Bluetooth device (RECOMM Protocol TDI)

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator

Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter 

Can a a2dp protocol be downloaded or added somehow?

Thank you for your help in understanding this!

HP Recommended

@DSHAW1952,

I recommend you download and install the Bluetooth driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp84001-84500/sp84320.exe

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.