6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

KERNEL APC PENDING DURING EXIT

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I am having problems with the audio. First it begins to sound distorted and very scratchy, then when I try to restart my laptop it appears a blue screen error (KERNEL APC PENDING DURING EXIT). After that the laptop works normally but same problem happens again few days later. 

How can I solve this problem?. Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @LuzMariaS,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting a blue screen error on startup.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
  2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
  3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
  4. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box.
  5. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
  6. Click OK, and then click Restart.

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

http://hp.care/2wZuFoR

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
LuzMariaS
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fosette!

Thank you very much for your prompt answer.  I already did what you recommended, I will inform you if the problem is solved. 

But to be clear the problem is not only the blue screen error, the blue screen error"KERNEL APC PENDING DURING EXIT" appears after the sound  is distorted and very scratchy, so I think there must be a problem with the audio.. I hope you can understand me. 

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?The computer has been presenting a lot of problems since the beginning (for example: APC INDEX MISMATCH)
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?No, I didn't.
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?No, I didn't, where can I find these steps.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @LuzMariaS,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I recommend you update the bios from the below link and check.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

Also, uninstalled the audio driver from device manager and install it from the above link.

Uninstall: Here is how it is done.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation