fergzzq Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Left Speaker Popping on HP Envy 34-a051a Signature Edition

I am having the same issue and was hoping to find a solution, Ive literally spent hours trying to fix this. I have tried to ignore it but at this point is driving me nuts. Amongst other things, I havereinstalled drivers, turned off fast startup, set minimum processor state to 100%, lowered the sample rate and bit depth, disallowed applications forom taking control of the device etc. Is there any solution to this? 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16674 16653 1205 1791
Message 2 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @fergzzq, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!

I understand you hear a static noise from the left speakers on your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with a headphone or external speaker does the issue persist?

You did a marvelous job by trying the steps yourself and before reaching out to us.

Please update the BIOS and audio drivers on your PC using HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using the HP support assistant. Click Here

Please try the steps recommended below.

1. Right click the speaker icon on the Taskbar and select Playback devices to open Sound settings. Double click your headphones device to open the Properties.

2. Choose the Levels tab and then adjust the Microphone slider to 0. Click Apply.

3. Go to Enhancements tab and then check the Disable all sound effects. Click OK twice to exit.

Go to Windows Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers section.
In the list of audio device drivers, look for Realtek High-Definition Audio. This is the device driver for BeatsAudio (a little bit sneaky, wouldn’t you say?).
Right-click and select Disable. The downward arrow displays on this driver, indicating it is disabled. (NOTE: At this point, you won’t be able to play any music files.)
Right-click and select Update Driver Software.
Select Browse my computer for driver software.
Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
You should see a window that says Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. NOTE: If you see a window that says something like This is the best driver for this device, exit the window and repeat steps 4, 5, and 6.
In the Model box, highlight High Definition Audio Device (this is the substitute audio device driver) and click Next.
At the Update Driver Warning window, click Yes. You should see a confirmation window with High Definition Audio Device displayed. Click Close.
In the list of audio device drivers in the Sound, video and game controllers section, you’ll notice that the High Definition Audio Device now displays instead of Realtek High-Definition Audio.
At the prompt to reboot, click Yes.

If the issue still persists try the steps recommended below.

background intelligent transfer service (BITS) transfers files (downloads or uploads) between a client and server and provides progress information related to the transfers. If the BITS service is turned off, windows update may have problems delivering files to your computer.

Start the BITS service click start, and then click run.

Type services.msc in the open box and then click ok.

Right-click background intelligent transfer service, and then click properties.

On the general tab in the startup type box, click Automatic, and then click apply.

In the service status section of the properties dialog box, verify that the BITS service is started. if it is not started, click start.

If the issue still persists uninstall the audio driver from device manager and install the drivers using HP recovery manager.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using the HP recovery manager.

Try running a system diagnostics test on your PC and check if the hardware components on your PC are functioning correctly.

Refer this article to know more information about running system diagnostics on your PC.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark an accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day! :-)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
fergzzq Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Appreciate the response and attempt to help out!

I tried all the steps described and had no luck fixing the problem. Let me describe it a bit better in case it provides any clarity. More than static, it sounds like a pop, which starts a few minutes after i start my computer up and then occurs periodically (perhaps every second or so). If I plug my headphones in, no such popping happens through the headphones. If I am playing music or any sound media, the popping will interrupt whatever is playing. If I turn the volume up very high, the popping stops as long as something is playing . If I turn the volume up but nothing is playing, popping sound resumes. 

Not sure at this point what the issue might be, but tried all the solutions given so far. at this point even considering just disabling the left speaker altogether (not even sure this is possible) as the popping sound makes it tough to concentrate while working. Any other ideas of how I might be able to fix this?

Thanks again,

Fernando

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15401 15392 1020 1665
Message 4 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@fergzzq,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the detailed information.

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when the computer was working fine following the steps in the below artilce. 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
fergzzq Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If I do a system restore will I lose any of my applications or documents? 

0 Kudos
fergzzq Top Student
Top Student
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

by the way i forgot to mention my computer model is HP ENVY Curved All-in-One - 34-a150 in case that matters

in fact, looks like someone else had the exact same issue as I describe it, as seen in the forum below:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/34a150-popping-noises-from-speakers/td-p/57...

it looks like in their case they had to replace the computer to fix the issue, as it was still under warranty. My manufacturer warranty has expired, is it possible to get someone to fix it anyway? Thanks again.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16674 16653 1205 1791
Message 7 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @fergzzq, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Performing a system restore will not affect any of your files. It just puts the computer back to the date when it was functioning correctly.

Note: However if there is a hardware issue on your PC, performing system restore will not help you solve the problem.

If you have issues after performing a system restore, try resetting your PC to factory settings.

Refer this article to know more information resetting your PC to factory settings. Click Here

I will share you few details through a private message about the service options for your PC.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! :)

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
makster Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 8 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear engineers.. Stop talking bull___ about changing drivers, audio setup etc. because it is HARDWARE problem with heating up of motherboard from very hot screen (especially on the bottom). When they work separetelly popping stops after few second and come back when they are close again!

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
16674 16653 1205 1791
Message 9 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@makster, Thanks for your prompt response again.

I appreciate your efforts for writing back to us.

I understand it is a hardware issue, but sometimes drivers could be faulty due to which you might face audio issues.

So in order to find out the root cause, we suggest the troubleshooting steps.

Also, as I mentioned in my previous post if the issue persists after performing a factory reset It is a hardware issue with your PC.

Please follow the instructions shared through a private message about the service options for your PC.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! :)

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
makster Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 10 of 12
Flag Post
HP Recommended

In my opinion to solve this problem is needed to lower internal temperature or reduce power consumption. Both methods help in my case.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation