8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Loss of audio mixer at each win10 software update

HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7900 Small Form Factor PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

God morning.

My desktop PC has serial number [Personal Information Removed] product No. KP721AV.

I live in Italy and I am a chorus musician, and for my recording and playback works I use my computer's sound system mixer.

My PC was originally with Windows 7 home edition operating system, an after I migrated to windows 10.

It is equipped with Realtek High Definition Audio hardware + a fully functional Soundmax sound mixer from win7, but the latter is systematic deleted with every update of win10,.... and I remain without a mixer.

My question is: how I have to do to get a Realtek audio mixer (or may be Soundmax) that does not disappear at every operating system update ?

Many thanks
GiulioT

3 REPLIES 3
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,230 119,407 19,504 29,804
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, Giulio:

I have a dc7800CMT, and dc7900 SFF and the same thing happened to me during the last two major W10 updates.

For me the fix both times for both PC's, was to reinstall the W7 Soundmax audio driver from the support page, and restart the PC.  The dc7800 and dc7900 use the exact same audio driver.

This package contains the driver for the ADI High-Definition (HD) Audio CODEC in the supported desktop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45501-46000/sp45615.exe

Then I open the Soundmax audio control icon and check the multistreaming option, restart the PC, go to the control panel, hardware and sound, and make sure the speakers are set as the default.

Works great.  Just like it did on W7.

0 Kudos
GiulioT
Author
Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. I believe it will work.

Now I'm abroad and as soon as I get home I'll follow your advice.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Giulio

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,230 119,407 19,504 29,804
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Prego, Giulio.

Buon Natale e Felice Anno Nuovo!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation