HelayneSilver
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Lost my sound

HP Recommended
Envy 1417c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly lost my audio both in front and rear jacks.  No changes made to computer.  I have gone through the trouble shooting got stuck at 2 points - resetting BIOS and running the diagnostic program because the reboot bypass to BIOS and to the Diagnostic software is not working for me.  Not F10, F1 or F2 - it just goes right into windows.  Am completely lost at this point, any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,281 119,458 19,519 29,825
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have two suggestions...

1. See if installing this audio driver and restarting the PC gets the sound to work again.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

2. In order to access the BIOS, restart the PC, and tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

0 Kudos
HelayneSilver
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

sadly no, neither worked.  Loaded the new driver no change.  Still cant get to my BIOS the esc did not work either.  I am at a total loss at this point.  I would like to get to the diagnositic program UEFI but cant get there either.  Looks like its going to be time for a new computer 😞

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation