Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a 8300 Elite SFF and am looking for a low-profile sound card with coaxial output so that I can use it on my boston sound set which has a coaxial input. I have searched without success.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @PeterHB.

Here are the System Requirements for the card:

System requirements
• 1.0 GHz Intel / AMD CPU
• 1 GB RAM
One free PCIe Slot
• One free slot for the digital extension
• Internet connection for driver and software download
• Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8

The card is compatible with Win 7.  However, I have highlighted in orange the system requirements that you have to check to assure they are available.  Other than this, I believe the card should work.  I always suggest that checking with the manufacturer's Tech Support is a good choice.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PeterHB, welcome to the forum.

Here is a card that may work for you.  I know that Diamond makes good products.  If you need more information about it, you can contact their Tech Support.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your comment.

Card diamond is not available in the Netherlands. Can you tell me if the next card is compatible with my system?

Terratec Aureon - PCIe 7.1 - Internal Sound Card

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @PeterHB.

Here are the System Requirements for the card:

System requirements
• 1.0 GHz Intel / AMD CPU
• 1 GB RAM
One free PCIe Slot
• One free slot for the digital extension
• Internet connection for driver and software download
• Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7/8

The card is compatible with Win 7.  However, I have highlighted in orange the system requirements that you have to check to assure they are available.  Other than this, I believe the card should work.  I always suggest that checking with the manufacturer's Tech Support is a good choice.  They are the experts on their products.

HP Recommended

I emailed terratec but heard nothing. Anyway, I bought the card and it works fine. Even on my old Boston 7500g Digital sound system from 2000. Thank you for the support.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @PeterHB.  I am glad that it worked for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.