Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! 

I have an HP Omen 870-224.

I have noticed that the maximum sound output is extremely low; I can barely hear it from a brand new set of Logitech Z313 speakers with the volume turned to the max--I know it's not the speakers because I can plug them into another device and get much better volume. The sound is even low with headphones, both wired and wireless, but manageable. However I want to be able to use my speakers!

I have tried all of the Windows troubleshooting, including both updating and completely reinstalling the audio drivers. I have tried having the speakers plugged directly into the tower on both the front and rear audio jacks as well as through the jack on my monitor--the results are the same: so low I can barely hear it.

Is there anything else I can do?

EDIT:

It's fixed but I don't know why. I DID do all the things below I have accepted as the solution, but nothing changed even after multiple restarts, reinstalling drivers, changing settings, etc. However, the next day upon starting my computer up the sound was normal. Something MUST have worked but I'm not sure what did.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello
are you using the latest driver available here?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741160
You should have a control panel, did you try to change the options?

User Guide

Using sound settingsUse sound settings to adjust system volume, change system sounds, or manage audio devices.
To view or change sound settings:
▲Type control panel in the taskbar search box, select Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select Sound.
Your computer may include an enhanced sound system by Bang & Olufsen, B&O Play, or another provider.
As a result, your computer may include advanced audio features that can be controlled through an audio control panel specific to your sound system.Use the audio control panel to view and control audio settings.
▲Type control panel in the taskbar search box, select Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select the audio control panel specific to your system.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
are you using the latest driver available here?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-870-200/13687063/model/15741160
You should have a control panel, did you try to change the options?

User Guide

Using sound settingsUse sound settings to adjust system volume, change system sounds, or manage audio devices.
To view or change sound settings:
▲Type control panel in the taskbar search box, select Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select Sound.
Your computer may include an enhanced sound system by Bang & Olufsen, B&O Play, or another provider.
As a result, your computer may include advanced audio features that can be controlled through an audio control panel specific to your sound system.Use the audio control panel to view and control audio settings.
▲Type control panel in the taskbar search box, select Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select the audio control panel specific to your system.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.