r3d3
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Microphone audio issue not letting me work or make money PLEASE help

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 2019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unless I can get this fixed, I will be forced to go into debt to buy another PC.  I am in tears trying to fix this.

In the last two months a hIgh-pitched whine has started when I record with my microphone. I have tried recording on another, non-HP system I borrowed, in the exact same location, and found NO NOISE WHATSOEVER.  I have isolated the issue to the Omen PC.

I have tried EVERYTHING short of trashing my PC - which is barely a year old. I am in tears. If not for an eviction moratorium in my state due to Covid, I would already have been evicted, because I CANNOT RECORD and therefore I CANNOT WORK and I CANNOT GET PAID. I have been skipping meals trying to conserve what little money I have left. 

This is what I am talking about: Horrible Noise 

I am desperate for help. I have tried EVERY. SINGLE. TROUBLESHOOTING. SOLUTION. If you can name it, I have tried it.

Drivers. SO. Many. Drivers.

Turning off / unplugging everything in the house.

Different wall socket for the PC

Usb Hub.

Different Mic.

Different USB interface.

Different USB Ports

NOTHING changes this awful sound.

I just don't understand. It started two months ago and it has destroyed my ability to work.. I'm going to end up in debt. I don't know what to do. I don't understand how this can just start happening for no reason. 

Please, please, please help me. I cannot afford to buy another tower a year after buying this one. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation