Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 2019
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unless I can get this fixed, I will be forced to go into debt to buy another PC.  I am in tears trying to fix this.

In the last two months a hIgh-pitched whine has started when I record with my microphone. I have tried recording on another, non-HP system I borrowed, in the exact same location, and found NO NOISE WHATSOEVER.  I have isolated the issue to the Omen PC.

I have tried EVERYTHING short of trashing my PC - which is barely a year old. I am in tears. If not for an eviction moratorium in my state due to Covid, I would already have been evicted, because I CANNOT RECORD and therefore I CANNOT WORK and I CANNOT GET PAID. I have been skipping meals trying to conserve what little money I have left. 

This is what I am talking about: Horrible Noise 

I am desperate for help. I have tried EVERY. SINGLE. TROUBLESHOOTING. SOLUTION. If you can name it, I have tried it.

Drivers. SO. Many. Drivers.

Turning off / unplugging everything in the house.

Different wall socket for the PC

Usb Hub.

Different Mic.

Different USB interface.

Different USB Ports

NOTHING changes this awful sound.

I just don't understand. It started two months ago and it has destroyed my ability to work.. I'm going to end up in debt. I don't know what to do. I don't understand how this can just start happening for no reason. 

Please, please, please help me. I cannot afford to buy another tower a year after buying this one. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.