2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Microphone not working

HP Recommended
Hp Envy AIO 27-b155qd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

Q1. when i plugged in a headset, the mic works fine, but it was not working without a headset. i didnt't do any changes , it just comes with the issue with the built-in. i tried to updated drivers, uninstall and re-install again, but it still remain the same issue as below pic. Microphone array kept muted in any level.  Pls kindly advise of any possible solution.

Untitled 3.png

Q2. when uninstall and re-install the driver as shown below, it changed from"Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio)" to "Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio)", it that the same thing? or different which would affected Microphone issue? if yes, is there anyway to change back to "Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio)" OR should i do a recovery system? 

Untitled 4.png

Many Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
brianfstew
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Having the very same issue with my new hp pavillion 2300 all-in-one.  Been searching for an answer but cant find any.  Will work when you click the unmute button  for a few minutes then automatically mutes itself again.  Hopin someone knows an answer to both our problems

0 Kudos
Janice-LI
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hi,

i had tried but sill remain the same as muted. for my case, i can scoll any array level i want, it won;t automically srcoll back to zero, but just can't unmute. this happened in a brand new PC status,  i didn't do a clean install, but i did updated all thw window software before i start using. Do you think this related to any window update prcoessing issue/error? any solutions you've tried ?  thanks

0 Kudos
brianfstew
2 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Janice,  I think i found a solution on another thread.  Someone suggested downloading Malwarebytes and running a system scan and it worked for them.  I tried this as well and it found 3 viruses (or whatever they were) and now my microphone no longer mutes itself.  Its a free trial for 15 days and its free so if I were you Id give it a try.  Heres the link to the thread:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/microphone-keeps-shutting-off/m-p/5988836/highlight/tru...

Hope this helps you as well! 

Bryan

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation