Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8300 Elite SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I have an audio issue with my PC that I had recently replaced a motherboard with. I tried explaining this issue before, but to no avail on here and a couple other sites. Basically my computer only detects one output speaker at a time, even when there is two plugged in. This seems to only be an output problem as my mic seems to be okay. My Computer will detect and use the last speaker device plugged into it. When I am playing sound on my plugged in rear speakers and I plug my headphones in, the sound switches to the headphones, but I can't switch audio devices as the computer only detects one. There should supposedly be 3 speaker options, my onboard case speakers, (which only work and detect if no external audio device is plugged in the computer) my rear speakers (surround speakers plugged into the back), and my headphones (plugged into the front). I've tried updating drives and reinstalling them which seemed to do nothing. Before this motherboard swap, I had a compaq 6005 pro which allowed me to switch between audio outputs and detect all devices plugged in the computer. The swap was a direct bolt-in with everything plugged in. This got me thinking, could this be a motherboard issue? Could the sound chip be dysfunctional? If I buy another motherboard, the exact same model and swap it in, would it resolve the issue? Or maybe it was the different motherboard swap, in which I highly doubt. Help?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.